Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 7.5 - Shop Work


The Mr. sure spends a lot of time in the barn. Cut, clamp, varnish, cut, clamp, varnish, varnish, varnish. Three coats of varnish on everything.

Every surface covered with cabinets in some state of construction.



Base cabinets. A woodworker needs tons of clamps.





Fronts for the upper cabinets between the kitchen and the dining room.




More base cabinets. They need to go in first so that the countertops can be made.




The Mr. took all these photos himself... "these are the pictures that I find interesting," he told me.

OK.

What kind of wood is that anyway?

Maple.




Clamp, varnish, wait... and wait.... and wait... and wait...

Gotta love that wait time. Since he doesn't have a spraying booth, once a coat of varnish is on, the barn is in lock down until it dries lest there be dust raised which would damage the finish.

I'm not bothered, good time for the Mr. to do some weed whacking. Hehehe.






Mango Momma

5 comments:

  1. That's a pretty amazing process! There's nothing better than good old fashioned craftmanship - peppered with a bit of yard work of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. Wow. I guess everyone needs a hobby! ;-) Actually, I'm way impressed - that's quite the setup he's got there. I'm also impressed that you get him to whack weeds while the varnish is drying. You've got him well trained! ;-)

    -Dr. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh the Mr.'s work is never done BOL! He's quite the talented woodworker! And Maple! Nice!

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dad has lots of those orange bar clamps too and at times he uses every single one of them!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the Master clever or what!!!! Can't wait to see the cupboards in place. I think you should start thinking of a name for the new house. Manpea Manor, Go-pea Palace perhaps. I know, I know, just slap me. Give me a break, its cold, wet and miserable here. No worries, love Carol.

    ReplyDelete