Sunday, April 8, 2012

Week 23 - Wood Floors



I'm a project manager by trade. That means I spend most of my days listening to optimistic engineers tell me how something will be finished in a day or two and quietly putting a more realistic time of a week or two into the schedule.

So when the Mr. tells me "one more week" I know in my wee brain that we are about a month away from completion. No worries. I know that after 23 weeks, he is super ready for it to be done, but it takes as long as it takes.

This week was spent putting in the wood flooring. It's hard work, up, down, on hands and knees, but the result is stunning.





He built a threshold to put between the wood and the tile so that there is a nice transition.





And glued it in place so that there wouldn't be nail holes. The pole is temporary to apply pressure while the glue dries.




I know, you're all wondering "where's Gerry? where's Jimmy? where is this week's action movie?" If only. Things are kind of hung up in that quarter waiting for the electrician to wire up the boiler. Tick tock, tick tock.

Mango Momma

6 comments:

  1. The wood floors are the icing on the cake! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how time flies. It doesn't SEEM like it has almost been 6 months since youse guys started hauling things OUT of that house. I love the wood floors. I want me some wood floors and REAL tile floors. I also want to win the lottery so I can afford them... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. We concur; the wooden floors and the custom threshold really gild the lily. So once the floors are done, is it all done but the boiler hook-up? Did the earlier offer on the house come through?

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love home decor/redos! Awesome stuff. My dream would be to have the money to fix up homes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wood floors look fantastic from our point of view.
    I know they must be just stunning on person.
    Thanks for visiting Cinnamon's Tour of the woodshop post.
    Linda and Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't you finished those floors yet? What's going on?

    Jed & Abby

    ReplyDelete