Monday, April 15, 2013

House 3, Week 29 - Focus on the Kitchen


Helper Bob started hanging the closet doors.





But this week, the focus is on the kitchen. 

Seeing the kitchen come together means the end is near.

The low wall between the kitchen and living room is now sporting a nice top.





And here is the view from the living room into the kitchen.

The cabinets are in place with gaps for the dishwasher and range. The stacked washer / dryer go on the left and to the right is a slot for the fridge.

Nice view out the window over the sink into the big backyard. 






The Mr. himself doing a bit of varnishing.






But this is the "oh wow" shot. Ten feet of counter top with plenty of drawers and cabinets. Not something you typically find in a small ranch house and once the granite tops are applied, I think this is going to captivate potential buyers.





Kitchen, carpet, touch up. That's all that remains. Oh, and, of course, a final cleaning (which I assume is imminent given that the Mr. has conscripted my floor mop - no worries, I didn't want to do housework today anyway).

3 comments:

  1. I am green with envy! I wish I had that much counter top space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy mates, the counter space is fabo. We have similar but ours is just covered with crap so we only get to use half of it hehe. Is it common to have the washer/dryer in the kitchen area? I've seen this in some UK homes (on telly) but not too common here in Oz. Have you got the champagne cooling yet? No worries, and love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The washer/dryer is in the kitchen because there are few options with no basement.I hook it into the kitchen water and drains because they're the only good option.

    ReplyDelete