Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week 11 - Replacing the Glass Wall


I admit it. I've been lazy. Like really lazy. Like too lazy to drive 5 miles to take photos of the project house. Whatever. It happens.

In the absence of my fine photography skills, the Mr. has been obliged do take a few snaps with his trusty flip phone.

And so, I bring you: 

The Evolution of the Glass Wall
a photo essay

Recall, if you will, the appalling single pane, impossible to clean, perfect for collecting dirty hand prints, and ideal for heating the back yard wall of glass in the back of the living room.





And now, see it after the magical wall-b-gone is applied!





What next? Looks to be a bit of framing.






And perhaps some sheathing.



Tyvek to keep it all toasty roasty...




And finally, pop in the new windows and there you go!




I know what you're thinking... "Wow! That is so cool!"

You're right! It IS cool.

Maybe this weekend I will get myself to the house to show you the coolness from the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment